Community Design + Architecture is a planning, urban design and architecture firm with a focus on integrated transportation / land use planning, mixed-use and pedestrian-friendly community design, and sustainable development. The goal of the firm is to shape public policies, land use plans and designs, and build projects that are sustainable in terms of—
- the linkages between land use patterns, urban design, and transportation systems;
- the economics of both the public and private sectors;
- building technologies and infrastructure;
- integration of natural and built environments;
- short-term as well as long-term goals and needs; and
- support of community and social welfare.
Community Design + Architecture has expertise ranging from regional planning to the construction detailing of a mixed-use bu ilding or pedestrian-friendly street. We focus on integrated land use, transportation, and economic planning; design of districts and neighborhoods that complement their context; design of multi-modal corridors and streetscapes that support vibrant communities; creating sustainable built projects that reduce their impact on the environment; and achieving consensus among project stakeholders to lead toward successful implementation in our work for both private and public clients.
Emeryville Approves 40th Street Protected Bike LanesJuly 15, 2019
CD+A is the team lead for the effort. Congratulations to all who worked on the project. More info here. Read More...