- Transit station area and bicycle/trail planning and design projects;
- Master planned communities, including walkable communities and resorts;
- Neighborhood design and lot yield analysis;
- Commercial and mixed use centers and yield analysis;
- Multi-modal, Complete, and Green Streets planning and design;
- Development of planning, design, and street guidelines, and site development criteria;
- Preparation and processing of specific plans, general plan amendments, rezonings, annexations and other entitlements;
- Preparation of site development/design review applications;
- Conceptual park and open space design; and,
- Construction documentation and cost estimates.
Connie enjoys working on challenging projects and is committed to helping her clients achieve their goals. While working in the framework of governmental regulations, she provides support and identifies solutions and designs to gain project approvals with high-quality community character and economic and environmental sustainability. Connie has the ability to focus on the details while keeping the big picture in mind to lead a project into successful implementation. Her wide range of experience allows her to effectively work with and direct multidisciplinary teams. She works to integrate sustainable practices into her projects that achieve environmental and social goals, as well as economic benefits.
Before joining CD+A Connie worked at various multi-disciplinary firms, most recently with MacKay & Somps Engineers & Planners, where she was a senior project manager and planning department manager, leading and preparing design and planning projects. Connie joined CD+A as an Associate Principal in May 2011, following 9 years of providing guidance to CD+A as the firm's landscape design advisor.
Years of Experience
- 2011 - Associate Principal, Community Design + Architecture
- 2002 - 2011 Landscape Design Advisor, Community Design + Architecture
- 1995 - 2011 Senior Project Manager/Planning Manager, MacKay & Somps, Inc.
- 1994 - 1995 Urban Design Consultant
- 1994 Urban Designer, EDAW
- 1989 Master of Landscape Architecture, University of California, Berkeley
- 1989 Master of City Planning, University of California, Berkeley
- 1986 Bachelor of Arts in Landscape Architecture, Cal Poly Pomona
- 1993 - California Landscape Architect 3520
- 2009 - Member, American Society of Landscape Architects
- Member, ULI
- LEED Accredited Professional
- 2000 Pacific Coast Builder's Western Division Gold Nugget Grand Prize-Best on the Boards- Dublin Ranch Town Center