Jingyan Zuo is an urban designerwith a background in landscape architecture. Her educational and professional experience emphasizes:
- Site analysis and research;
- Conceptual and final landscape design of public, commercial, and residential spaces;
- Planting design with California native and climate-adapted plants;
- Community outreach and engagement;
- Construction documentation, cost estimation, and construction support; and,
- Urban planning
Jingyans passion for nature and art led to her career change from computer engineering to landscape architecture. The role of landscape architecture in peoples spirit and environmental sustainability is the driving force for Jingyans devotion to this profession. The planning and design of multimodal streets and walkable communities supports Jingyans vision for healthy urban life and sustainable environments. She believes landscape design and urban planning can have a positive impact on both human life and the environment at different scales.
At CD+A, Jingyan is assisting with landscape and wayfinding construction documentation for the AC Transit East Bay BRT project in Oakland and San Leandro, CA; developing conceptual landscape designs and cost estimates for the I-880/Whipple and Industrial Interchanges in Hayward and City, CA; and helping on the Senter Road Multimodal Transportation Study project in San Jose, CA.
Years of Experience
- 2019 Urban Designer, Community Design + Architecture
- 2018-2019 Landscape Designer, Susan Friedman Landscape Architecture Garden Intern, Filoli Gardensy
- 2018 Certificate of Landscape Architecture, with distinction, Extension of University of California, Berkeley
- 1999 Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University